- 1 1/2 pounds beets, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh dill, chopped
- Fresh-ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds fingerling potatoes cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 1 1/2 pounds salmon (King, Coho, or Sockeye),
- 1/2 cup Greek Yogurt
- 2 tablespoons drained bottled horseradish
- Heat the oven to 450'. In a large roasting pan, toss the beets with 1 tablespoon of the oil, 1/4 teaspoon of the salt, 1/2 tablespoon of the dill, and 1/8 teaspoon pepper. Cook in the upper third of the oven, stirring once, for about 20 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the oven and push the beets to one side. Add the potatoes to the pan, next to the beets, and toss them with the remaining 1 tablespoon oil and 1/4 teaspoon of the salt. Return the pan to the oven and cook for 10 minutes. Stir the potatoes and beets, keeping them separate; return the pan to the oven.
- Meanwhile, put the salmon (Slice three to four 1/2 slits crosswise in top of salmon) on another baking sheet (covered with aluminum foil) and sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon of the salt, 1/2 tablespoon of the dill, and 1/8 teaspoon pepper. Put the pan in the oven with the vegetables (after you stir them at the end of Step 2). Cook until just done, about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl combine yogurt, horseradish, and 1/2 tablespoon of the dill.
- Stir the beets and the potatoes together. Serve the vegetables topped with the salmon and the horseradish sauce.
If you would like to fill your home with beautiful photographs, or need a portrait, a wedding photographed or if you are an interior designer and need photographs of your projects, contact me for a consultation.
Drawing on that degree in Art History, a passion for telling stories, and years working as a portrait and documentary photographer (And owning an Art Gallery) helps me bring a heightened sensitivity to my photography. Let's make the world a more beautiful place!