I made this on Sunday, the day before my birthday; a prebirthday celebration. Here I am stirring the vegetables!
2 pounds boneless short ribs
1/4 cup flour
2 tablespoons oil
1 large onion, chopped
2 celery ribs, cut into 1/4 inch piece
2 carrots, cut in 1/4 inch pieces
3-4 garlic cloves, minced
1+ cup wine
2 cups stock
2 heaping tablespoons tomato paste
1 bay leaf
1 teaspoon dried thyme
1 teaspoon dried rosemary
salt and pepper
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. Dredge beef in flour seasoned with salt in pepper. Shake off excess flour.
3. Heat dutch oven over high heat. Add oil.
4. Brown beef till all sides are dark golden brown. Remove beef and set aside.
5. Add onion, celery, carrot and garlic. Reduce heat and saute till vegetables start to turn brown.
6. Add wine and reduce by half (I used 2 cups of wine.).
7. Add stock, tomato paste, bay leaf, thyme and rosemary.
8. Return beef to dutch oven. Cover tightly and put in oven.
9. Cook for about two hours or more or until beef is tender but not completely falling apart.
10. Serve over noodles.
If you want events in your life documented or are looking for distinctive nature, portrait or wedding photography--photography with soul that inspires you
to live a more artful and beautiful life,