I roasted a turkey a few days ago
|Roast Maple Glazed Turkey, Turnip Fritter, Tri-color Couscous, Caramelized Pearl Onions, Cranberry Sauce|
And had a good amount of leftovers--enough for a few sandwiches and this dish, which was excellent and so simple to prepare. Served with Basmati Rice, Chutney, and Roasted Asparagus with Garlic and Pine Nuts.
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 1/2 cups chopped onion (about 1 large onion)
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 (14-ounce) can fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth (I used my homemade stock)
- 3 cups chopped cooked turkey (about 1 pound)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
1. Heat canola oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion to pan; sauté 4 minutes. Add flour and curry powder; sauté 1 minute. Stir in chicken broth; bring to a boil. Stir in turkey and salt. Reduce heat, and simmer 5 minutes or until thickened. Sprinkle with cilantro.
~from Cooking Light, 2008