1tbsp vegetable oil
1 sweet onion, diced
1 roasted red pepper, diced
3 garlic cloves, minced
2 tbsp all-purpose flour
2 1/2 cups milk
1 1/4 cups vegetable stock
2 cups broccoli florets
3 cups corn (I used frozen.)
3/4 cup Cheddar cheese, grated
1. Heat the oil in a large saucepan. Add the onion, bell pepper, garlic and cook over low heat, stirring frequently, for 2-3 minutes.
2. Stir in the flour and cook, stirring for 30 seconds. Gradually stir in the milk and stock.
3. Add the broccoli and corn. Bring the mixture to a boil, stirring constantly, then reduce the heat and simmer for about 20 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.
4. Stir in the cheese until it melts.
5. Season to taste with salt and pepper and spoon the chowder into warmed serving bowls.