Last night as a side with salmon:
The night before with ravioli:
- 1 shallot, finely diced
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 Fuyu persimmons
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced tender celery stalks and leaves
- 1 head radicchio, leaves torn into 2-inch wide ribbons
- Chunk of Parmesan, for shaving
- Make the vinaigrette: put diced shallot in a small bowl with a pinch of salt. Add lemon juice and sherry vinegar and leave to macerate for about 5 minutes. Stir in olive oil. Season with additional salt and pepper to taste.
- With a sharp paring knife, remove and discard the leafy calyx at the top of each persimmon. Peel persimmons and cut in half vertically. Lay persimmons flat side down and cut into 1/2-inch wedges.
- Put persimmon wedges and celery slices in a low, wide salad bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Whisk vinaigrette, then pour over persimmon and celery and toss to coat well. Add radicchio and toss lightly.
- With a vegetable peeler, shave about 1 ounce of Parmesan in thin strips over salad.
- 4 to 6 servings
- ~from The New York Times