A recipe from Cooking Light, "Kid in the Kitchen."
- Cooking spray
- 2 cups cornflakes
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 large egg
- 1 pound tilapia fillets, cut into 4 x 1-inch pieces (about 12 pieces) (I used Pollock.)
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup cubed fresh pineapple
- 1/3 cup reduced-sugar ketchup (such as Heinz)
- 1 teaspoon lower-sodium soy sauce
- 1. Preheat oven to 425°.
- 2. Place a wire rack on a large baking sheet. Coat rack with cooking spray. Place cereal in a large zip-top bag; roll with a rolling pin until crushed. Place crushed cereal, rind, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper in a shallow dish. Combine juice and egg in a shallow dish, stirring with a whisk.
- 3. Sprinkle fish evenly with 1/4 teaspoon pepper and salt. Dip fish in egg mixture; dredge in cereal mixture. Arrange fish on prepared rack; bake at 425° for 12 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.
- 4. Combine remaining 1/2 teaspoon pepper, pineapple, ketchup, and soy sauce in the bowl of a mini food processor; process until smooth. Serve ketchup mixture with fish sticks.