Friday, January 3, 2014

Rack Of Lamb In The Crockpot With Lingonberry Sauce

It was New Year's Day.

I had a rack of lamb.

I wanted to keep it simple.

Why not see, I thought, if there was a way to cook it in my crockpot.

This is what I found, from Fresh: (Changes to recipe noted in bold.)

"There will be people out there that say you can’t cook rack of lamb in the crockpot. Well, they need to try this recipe! This has to be one of my favourite crockpot lamb recipes. This NZ rack of lamb recipe is worthy of a dinner party."

"The roasting piece I’ve chosen for this particular slow cooker recipe is a lamb rack, which worked brilliantly because it was partially sliced between each rib and this allowed the flavours to penetrate the lamb rack. So if you’re using another cut of lamb, I suggest you score it well with a sharp knife to allow the flavours in."


Serves 4-6 (Serves 2)
Crockpot Rack of Lamb:

2 lamb racks (1 Rack)
1 cup plum jam (or any flavour you like or need to use up) (I used Lingonberry Sauce.)
1 tablespoon of tomato sauce or relish (again, anything tomatoey you need to use up in the fridge) (I used 1/4 cup tomato sauce.)
1 lemon (cut the cheeks of each side to add to the crockpot)
Lemon zest from the left over middle part of your lemon
1 tbls lemon juice (from your leftover lemon after the cheeks have been cut off)
1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
1 tsp grated ginger or half teaspoon ground ginger
1 tsp sweet chilli sauce
1 sprig rosemary from your garden (I used 1 tsp dried.)

How to:

"Turn your slowcooker onto Low.
Put the lamb racks x 2 in the crock pot.
Combine all the other ingredients and pour over the meat.
Cook on low for about 8 hours (or about 4 hours on high if you’re our of time).
Then as you carve up each rack, drain out some of the liquid from the crock pot and put it in a saucepan, and boil. In a cup, add about 2 teaspoons of cornflour to enough water to make a paste and added it to the saucepan whilst stirring. This will make the sauce thicken and in doing so will separate off the oil. Pour any oil off and use the sauce with the rack of lamb - delicious!
Serve with mashed potato, greens and your lamb jus gravy."

I served this with smashed red potatoes to which I added cooked leeks, bacon, portobella and shiitake mushrooms. And asparagus.

No comments:

Post a Comment