Monday, August 23, 2010

Maple Glazed Salmon

The new issue of Cooking Light arrived one day last week. The issue is full of some great recipes. I made a variation of the cover story recipe the day the issue arrived. Normally, I would have grilled the salmon but our grill was broken so I cooked the salmon in the oven at 450 for about 10 minutes. I served the salmon with roasted asparagus and tomatoes from our garden.


Ingredients

  • 1  teaspoon  paprika
  • 1/2  teaspoon  chili powder
  • 1/2  teaspoon  ground ancho chile powder
  • 1/4  teaspoon  ground cumin
  • 1/4  teaspoon  brown sugar
  • 1  teaspoon  kosher salt
  • 1 lb. Sockeye, Coho or King Salmon
  • 2  tablespoons  maple syrup

Preparation

1. Preheat oven.
2. Spoon maple syrup over Salmon.
3. Combine first 6 ingredients; rub spice mixture evenly over flesh side of fillets. Place fish on a shallow baking pan coated with covered with aluminum foil. Cook 8-12 minutes or until desired degree of doneness.

Do you have a favorite way of cooking salmon? Share your recipe with me, please.

If you would like to fill your home with beautiful photographs, or need a portrait, a wedding photographed or if you are an interior designer and need photographs of your projects, contact me for a consultation.

Drawing on that degree in Art History, a passion for telling stories, and years working as a portrait and documentary photographer (And owning an Art Gallery) helps me bring a heightened sensitivity to my photography. Let's make the world a more beautiful place!

2 comments: