Thursday, August 19, 2010

Salmon, Corn, Rice Cake

Susan and I love salmon. We eat in at least once a week. I have dozens and dozens of recipes for Salmon Cakes. And, often, I simply use what I have available in Bruce's Kitchen.

Here is a Salmon, Corn, Rice Cake I made last week. Please note: I always purchase King, Coho, or Sockeye Salmon and I get enough for two meals, about 1 pound, sometimes a wee bit more; the first meal might be Grilled Maple-Glazed Salmon (I'll be posting that recipe in a few days)--we eat half and save half for salmon cakes.





















Ingredients:

1/2 pound cooked salmon, flaked
1/2 cup cooked rice (This time I used Basmati)
1/4 cup frozen corn
1/4 cup finely diced celery
1 tablespoon mayo
1 teaspoons Dijon
1 tablespoon Frank's Hot Sauce
1 tablespoon minced Vidalia onion
1 egg, lightly beaten
Salt and Pepper

Combine all the ingredients. Form into 4 cakes. Cook in hot oil in a pan large enough to fit all 4 cakes. Cook till brown on both sides. About 4-6 minutes per side.

Do you love salmon? How do you like to prepare it?

If you would like to fill your home with beautiful photographs, or need a portrait, a wedding photographed or if you are an interior designer and need photographs of your projects, contact me for a consultation.

Drawing on that degree in Art History, a passion for telling stories, and years working as a portrait and documentary photographer (And owning an Art Gallery) helps me bring a heightened sensitivity to my photography. Let's make the world a more beautiful place!

No comments:

Post a Comment